Saturday, May 9, 2009

Neem Tree in Bloom

Neem Trees In Bloom

The LCCN compound is full of mature Neem trees. They have been dropping leaves and growing new ones at the same time and now little clusters of white flowers are appearing in the branches. The neem seed oil is a natural pesticide. The leaves and bark are used in natural medicines. A biology lecturer that was here to see Mr. Bulama said all parts of the tree have some medicinal value.

Pella trip did not happen Friday or Saturday and I have been trying to call Bishop Abba back every few hours for the last 2 days. He called me Thursday. He is the Glo network and I am on MTN network. These two do not seem to like to talk to each other. Most of the time either network is overloaded. As of Saturday I have gotten through to the Glo network but it says the subscriber is not available. This means the Bishop phone off or his is outside the Glo network which is most anywhere in the bush. So Friday after the cleaning lady finished moving dirt around, I re-swept the floor and mopped again. I had given her the left over rinse water from washing clothes on Thursday. It had plenty of soap. She uses one small bucket of water for the whole house. By the time she is out of the kitchen the water is so dirty that she puts down as much as she mops up. I probably used the equal of 3 or 4 buckets of water. I put clean water on the floor. Mopped it up. Took the mop outside and squeezed it out. Then continued. Yukuba came back from a meeting and said he had never seen the floor this clean.

Saturday was quite. Had power late last night so I heated some water to boiling and put in a thermos. I used it to make oatmeal for breakfast with honey. I little later I walked through the market outside of the Hospital and through some back streets to the laundry doing my shirts and pants. The workers were there but the people who take in a give out the clothes were not. I went got some gas from the corner black market gas seller. I asked how much for a gallon. He said 800. I said I paid 600 two days ago. He said 700. I said I will wait and walked away. He came running after me and we got down to 650. I went and got the gas can and added a gallon to the generator. Then walked back to the cleaner. This time I picked up bananas, oranges and a coconut on the way.

I got a lot of work done on the water program. Handwriting because no power and the gen is almost out of fuel. I finally started it late this afternoon. To get the refrigerator under 60 degrees and to do video editing that takes full power mode on the lap top. This evening the Girls Brigade choir was practicing outside so I took a video. When they finished another mixed Brigade group practiced at the front patio of the house. So a took another video.

No comments:

Post a Comment