Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rain and Internet Problems.

It rained relatively hard from 11 to midnight last. The sand absorded it and it just looks moist this morning.

My AUTOCAD drawing software went out. One of the other softwares that I thought I had transferred to this computer was Google Sketchup 7 3D. I do not find it. The file is 32.6 MB. I had it 75% downloaded last night when the internet cafe closed. I was hoping it would pick up from there this morning. It did not. I had to start over and over and over. They have been having problems with the internet this moringing. After over an hour I am 3% downloaded. It is frustrating but air conditioned. When I finally get out into the heat it will be hot. The rain last night will add to the humidity. I was sweating before I left the house this morning. The walk here is only 1.4 kilometers.

Wow I am up to 6% only 2 hours to go if the internet stays up.

This was the first morning that I walked. Mostly I have walked late morning, late afternoon and evening. As I walked there were ladies frying breads in large pots of oil or in cast iron forms. They have a tub of batter and ladle the batter into the oil or the form. The form is like our muffin pans but with shallow round indentions. They put a little oil in then a ladle of batter. After a few minutes they flip the cake over. I guess you could call it a fried breakfast cake. They keep frying and package them up for sale the rest of the day. I have eaten these on previous trips. Sweet, kind of like a small fat pancake. I think they have peanut meat in them. Peanut meat is probably the wrong word. I think it is what is left after the oil is pressed out of the peanut. They pound that to a flour and add it to the batter. It least that was what Pastor Gideon's (Demas District Pastor) wife was doing last year.

I was in a hurry to get to the internet cafe an get the download going so I did not stop for pictures. Next time I take a morning walk I will take some pictures.

14% we are flying now. Now it has slowed it less than 2KB/sec. Now 4 and back to 2. The fstest last night was short times I got up to 15KB/sec.

A choir started practice outside the house before 7 am this morning. The moring football game went on as usual. Soon boys (young men) where sweeping the sand in front of the house. There are large canopies seating around the compound. I suspect when I return these will be set up for the big final day of the choir competition. I will get some video and try to upload a small bit.

15% This is like waiting for water to boil but you can only turn the stove on to low.

No comments:

Post a Comment