Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28, I Cannot Believe I Did That!

I Cannot Believe I Did That!

I spent so much time over the last months getting information about various technologies and I thought I has transferred it all to my new portable hard drive or to my hard drive on my lap top. But, I cannot find hardly any of the information from Sally’s desktop computer that I had used for most of the downloading. I will miss most is the drill designs. I will buy three hours of time at the cafĂ© tonight and try to find some of the items I need.

I have 2 boy sitting in the window watching me type. They must really be bored. They are mostly blocking the little breeze there is. I have found out that wind is not in abundance around here. Wind energy may not be a useful resource in Jimeta.

Solar Cooking

So far my solar cooking has been mixed. Rice is pretty easy. Beans take longer. It has been overcast. Yesterday, we barely had shadows. Today is sunnier. I start on the porch in the morning and move the cooker off the porch by about 3PM as the building causes shadows. I have few spices and will have to shop for more. The curry powder (Made in England) I bought has little smell. I found some in the back of the cabinet that are made in USA that has some kick to it. Today I have rice and beans cooking. I am going to add some onions and maybe a can of sardines. Curried rice and beans with fish. I prefer canned meats. I will probably be sick of canned meats in a few more weeks. My cooking is not for the gourmet but it will keep me alive. With power I have oatmeal for breakfast. Otherwise Cheerios (Nestle version of Cheerios - 5 different grains). We had power from Midnight until 8 AM this morning. The water I had in the freezer was actually cold. I mixed in powdered milk and had a glass of cold milk for the first time. 4:30 not enough sun today the rice and beans are not exactly soft.

Power

We had no power for about 5 days. Power came on last night and again this morning. We had about 10 hours today. Almost enough to make ice. The Generator has back and forth to the repair shop. They keep changing part. They really do not know.

Bed net

The frame for holding up the bed net was attached in 3 places. The fourth would be where the ceiling fan is. I have been hanging my towel on the frame. When I grabbed it last night the whole thing came down. The three points were barely attached. I am glad I was not in bed at the time. It is heavy wood and would have left a big bruise.



No comments:

Post a Comment