Saturday, April 4, 2009

Nigeria 2009 - The Plan

This is my first note in my Blog of my Spring 2009 trip to work with the Lutheran Church of Christ in Nigeria. I will be leaving on Tax Day. The great national holiday for liars. My planned return is June 19th. My general trip plan is as follows:
  1. Fly from Minneapolis to Abuja via Amsterdam on Delta/KLM.
  2. Arrive next evening & spend night in Abuja.
  3. Exchange money, buy cell phone and data card for computer in Abuja and, if time, visit geological society office for geological maps of Adamawa. Fly to Yola.
  4. Meet with Jimeta Church Bali Committee and then travel to Bali for a few days of visits.
  5. Return to Jimeta and prepare videos and pictures and stories for Mt. Calvary and Zion Lutheran Church presentations by the Mt. Calvary Bali Committee.
  6. Work with LCCN Water Department and Project Manager to develop a pump repair training class. This will be the main work for the next month. Each week I hope to spend one day in the field and each weekend visit a different Diocese.
  7. Help with presenting the pump class.
  8. After the pump class I hope to spend time looking at future projects and work on some specific projects. The main project being the water system for the Gongola Diocese and if we can utilize a non-flowing spring that is 600 meters from the building.
  9. Stop at Jos on way back to visit Women of Hope and restock with their merchandise.
That is the plan. It will probably start changing when I land in Abuja or maybe even before that.
Thank goodness that I am AADD and not Type A.

No comments:

Post a Comment