Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Prickly Heat:

Last year after a week in this high heat I started to develop a rash where I was spray insect repellent and had things rubbing (wrist, ankles and back of the neck). So last year I stopped using the repellent and the rash went away. Classic case of one plus one equals wrong answer. I did not bring repellent this year and now I have starting to develop the same itchy rash. I will see if the Danish engineers who will be leaving this week have any insect repellent they will donate to me. I am told that come rainy season this part of the compound is where the water puddles and the mosquitoes multiply. Too bad it is the wrong time of the year for Neem tree seeds. The oils from the Neem seeds are a natural insecticide and inhibit reproduction. The compound is filled with large Neem trees and not a seed in sight. (The Danes were at the compound today and I missed them)

Coincidence?

May 3rd is Bali Sunday at Mount Calvary Lutheran Church in Excelsior, Minnesota. We planned this in late February and early March this year and have continued to work towards this event. I was supposes to have been to Bali and back so I could relate a story to Mount Calvary via video and still pictures. This part of the program fell through. Tonight I meet again with Pastor Boniface and James the church and Bali Committee secretary. They told me as an aside to our conversation that the Sunday after next will be Bali Sunday at Jimeta Cathedral. After the regular offering and tithes are collected the offering buckets will be passed around again and the people will be asked to dig deep for the Bali Project. I got out my calendar and said that is May 3rd, the same Sunday that Mount Calvary is having Bali Sunday. Someone said that is quite a coincidence. James and I both said “ No” and pointed upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment