Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Leave Tomorrow

On No! I leave tomorrow. I am not even close to being ready. Why am I writing on the Blog?

Communications with Nigeria have improved the last few years. I have confirmation now that someone will meet me at the airport in Abuja and I have purchased a USB modem off the internet that should work with MTN cell phone to get very slow internet in Nigeria. It did not come with any software loaded so I have to spend a few hours on the internet getting updates to make it talk to Windows Vista and then add a new Dashboard. I cannot test it until I get there and buy a SIM card from MTN.

The trip to Bali is not firm yet. The pastor that runs the program is in Denmark. We hope to get the LCCN director of missions to take me out to Bali if his schedule is such that he can do it. I will find out that detail when I get there.

I will be staying primarily at the LCCN facility adjacent to the Jimeta Cathedral. They are finding me a spot in one of the houses. Elisabeth said I could use her generator for power so I can cook a little rice and oatmeal for meals. I am taking along some plans for solar cooking ovens and will find some cardboard and aluminum foil and make a solar oven to cook rice and make hot water for tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment