Thursday, June 18, 2009

I am still in Nigeria.

My flight from Yola to Abuja was cancelled this morning. It was too late to get a car and no more flights out. I discovered I do not have any phone numbers for Northwest (Delta) or KLM. Bishop Edward gave me a name of a travel agent. She sain she would contacted KLM. When I called back she told me to fly to Abuja on Saturday and go to KLM and hope I can get on the Saturday night flight. I asked her for the KLM number she gave me two. I thought it was odd that she had just talked to KLM and now had trouble finding their number. The first number was Air France the second did not work. I called back and got a third number. Some kind of communications center that had no idea what a KLM was.

We decided to call Pastor Amson in Jos. He called a friend and called us back with a fourth number. Thank you Pastor. I got a KLM agent who rebooked me on the Saturday flight and told me how to pay for it at the Zenith bank in Yola. It took a while to find the right teller who knew how to do it. But I paid the 40,975 naira. Then the fourth trip back to the Yola airport to book a flight to Abuja on an other airline. It seems that IRS airlines has 2 planes. If one has trouble they only fly one route and it is not the Yola route. I am booked on Arik. When I get home I will file a claim with my travel insurance and hopefully get the money back.

I will be in Minnesota on Sunday. Then I leave on Tuesday for Washington D. C. with Isaiah for a rally on public health care.

No comments:

Post a Comment