Friday, June 12, 2009

Trip Home and Yakubu’s Visa Interview

I still do not know how I am getting to Abuja. Yakubu talked to Pastor Ansom of Dogan Dutse in Jos, last weekend a found out that the UBA bank in Jos was connected to the bank in Maidugari and he could get the visa interview receipt for Yakubu in Jos. On Thursday he is coming to Yola and will bring it with him. Yakubu transferred the money from his account to Pastor Ansom account. Pastor Ansom went to the bank on Tuesday and their computers network was down. Lots of people were crowded into the bank waiting and hoping the network would come back so they can withdrawal or deposit their money.

Wednesday morning and still no computers. If the computers are not back up this afternoon Ansom will have someone else do the errand and text the receipt number to Yakubu. When Yakubu gets his receipt number he can get on the internet and make a reservation for an interview. A few weeks ago they had opening for next week. If he can still get in next week we will drive there together. Otherwise I will buy an airplane ticket and flew there the morning of my flight home. The Plan C is I will get on public transportation and make my way there somehow. Plan D is enjoy the rainy season in Nigeria. I wonder how many people from the US overstay their VISAs in Nigeria. I bet more Nigerians have overstayed in the US than Americans have overstayed here.

Friday Yakubu still does not have the receipt. It is looking more like I will fly on Thursday.

The rain has started again. The internet café does not work well in the rain. The walk there is also not pleasant in the rain. I will wait until Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment